This Flan recipe is delicious, smooth and creamy!
Servings: 8 people
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 8 ounces package cream cheese softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounces
- 1 can evaporated milk 12 ounces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir sugar over medium-low heat until melted and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Quickly pour into an ungreased 2-qt. round baking or souffle dish, tilting to coat the bottom; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place the dish in a larger baking pan.
- Pour boiling water into larger pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle).
- Remove dish from a larger pan to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- To unmold, run a knife around edges and invert onto a large rimmed serving platter.
- Cut into wedges or spoon onto dessert plates; spoon sauce over each serving.