A common ingredient in Mexican food is rice! This Mexican yellow rice recipe is easy and tasty.
Mexican Yellow Rice Recipe
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice
- 2 Tbsp Light Olive Oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz can
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- ½ tsp Ground Tumeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- ½ tsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, add the olive oil along with the onion, bell pepper and garlic and let them cook together over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the rice, stir it around with the onion mixture for about a minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken stock, tumeric, cumin, oregano, granulated garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place a lid on the pot, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Fluff it up with a fork and serve it right away!