Ingredients for Chorizo Potato and Eggs:
- 2 – medium sized Idaho russet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 1/2 – tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 – teaspoon salt
- 1/2 – cup chopped onion
- 9 – ounces pork chorizo (remove casing)
- 5 – eggs
FROM OUR AMIGA AT PRESLY’S PANTRY
- corn or flour tortillas
- Place a small pot filled halfway with water over a medium flame bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in diced potatoes and let boil for 10 minutes. Remove from flame and drain. Set to the side.
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame add vegetable oil and allow to heat.
- Add in boiled potatoes and salt. Fry on each side for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Add in chopped onion, and mix well. Continue frying for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the chorizo from it’s casing and add to the potato onion mixture.
- With your spatula stab the chorizo to break it up. As it continues to cook it will become easier to break up. Then mix it into the potato onion mixture.
- Cook for an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp.
- Next crack your eggs in a bowl and scramble with a fork, then pour over chorizo potato mixture.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, mixing and combining all ingredients the entire time.
You want to make sure the eggs are well done.
- Remove from flame, and either wrap in a flour tortilla for a burrito or enjoy in a corn tortilla for a lovely breakfast taco.