I love rice and beans! I have ever since my Abuela starting breaking them out for me as kid growing up in Miami, Florida. I would eat them with every meal if I could hahahaha.
So with all that being said, when I get a craving for rice and beans, I like to get a bit creative. I want it fast and of course I need it to be tasty. So I’ve come up with easy, smoking fast recipe that you can make in about 7 minutes. All it takes is a few simple ingredients, a healthy appetite and the willingness to have an open mind to what I’m about tell you guys! This Puerto Rican style rice and beans recipe is one I hope you really enjoy!
- 2 Cups of Minute Rice
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Tablespoon Goya Sofrito
- 1 Can Goya Blackbeans
- 1 Tbs of Goya Adobo
- 1 Onion (Optional)
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Spoonful Smart Balance Butter
- 1 Cap full of Olive Oil
- 1 Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb Garlic Seasoning Blend
- Boil 2 cups of water and add 2 cups on minute rice
- When rice starts to thicken add a spoonful of Smart Balance Butter
- When rice is finished cooking take off burner
- Add Mrs. Dash Seasoning to taste and liking
- Mix in minced onions to your liking
- Add a table spoon of Goya Sofrito
- Add cap full of Olive Oil
- Add in the black beans and stir.
- Let the mix settle for 5 and it’s ready to serve!
NOTE: Because of the mixing of Sofrito, white rice and black beans this Hispanic Food Hack will often time resemble Cuban style Congri. If you leave out the Sofrito it will resemble a more tradition white rice and black beans. No matter how it looks the taste will be amazing. Enjoy!