This Bruschetta Cubana appetizer is made on crisp toast with delicious tomato salsa. It’s a Cuban recipe that fuses Cuban and Italian cuisine.
Cuban Style Bruschetta ~ Bruschetta Cubana
- 2 cups ripe red tomato chopped
- 1 cup sweet onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp cumin
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices Cuban bread may substitute French bread
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 8 tbsp butter room temperature
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Mix the tomatoes, onion, olive oil, vinegar, cumin, and garlic together in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Slice Cuban or French bread in 1-inch thick slices. Place on a cutting board and use a heavy frying pan or bacon press to compress them slightly.
- Mash the garlic into the softened butter. Butter both sides of the compressed bread with the garlic butter.
- Fry the bread on both sides in a large sauté pan over medium heat until lightly toasted on each side.
- Spoon a generous helping of the cold tomato mixture on each slice of toast.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.