The Cubano is a traditional Cuban recipe that will have your taste buds doing the happy dance. The ultimate sandwich made with marinated roast pork, sliced ham, Swiss cheese, yellow mustard and pickles.
- 1 loaf Cuban bread
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard or to taste
- 1 lbs roast pork Use my Pernil Recipe for this or use Pulled Pork or pork tenderloin
- 1 lbs sliced ham glazed ham is great or your favorite deli ham
- 4 oz Swiss cheese or more to your preference
- 4 oz sliced dill pickles or to taste
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Butter the bottom half with 2 tablespoon softened butter. Spread the mustard on the top half.
- Layer the sandwich with roast pork, sliced ham, Swiss cheese and dill pickles. Top the Cubano with the top bread slice.
- Slather the remaining butter over both sides of the sandwich.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the Cuban sandwich for 5-6 minutes per side, pressing it down very firmly with another pan or spatula to “press” it tightly, until warmed through and bread is nice and crispy.
- Remove, slice and serve.
Grilling Note: You can also use a panini press to make this sandwich.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.