Learn how to make delicious empanadas with the recipe and video on the hispanic food network.
Empanadas – Beef TurnoversThe Perfect Pastry for All MealsEmpanadas, or beef turnovers, are discs of pastry packed with meat. Some turnover recipes call for all manner of fillings, but this GOYA® Empanada recipe features a delicious tomato, onion, garlic and beef mixture.
You can enjoy Empanadas as an appetizer, a main dish, or even after your main course. Use GOYA® Discos, or frozen pastry rounds, for a flaky beef turnover that will make your mouth water.
How To Make Empanadas
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1/4 cup GOYA® Tomato Sauce
- 6 GOYA® Spanish Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp GOYA® Sofrito
- 1 packet Sazón GOYA® with Coriander and Annatto
- 1 tsp GOYA® Minced Garlic or 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp GOYA® Dried Oregano
- GOYA® Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 package GOYA® Discos thawed, 14 oz., Yellow or White
- GOYA® Corn Oil for frying