Arroz con Gandules is a traditional rice recipe with pigeon peas that’s a staple on Puerto Rican tables across the world. Making them can be a bit of a process. So when you get a hunkering for their taste, actually making them can be quite a process. So I came up with the Hispanic food hack that can satisfy your craving in 15 minutes tops. The secret…there’s lot’s of them! The primary one is Minute Rice! Minute Rice takes a bit more than one minute. But the thing I love about Minute Rice is that it’s easy to use, it somewhat sticky when it’s cooked…and most of all it’s super fast! With all that being said, let’s make some Arroz con Gandules…Hispanic Food Hack style!
2 cups of Minute Rice, One 15 ounce can of Goya Gandules, 3 TBS of Goya Sofrito, Mrs. Dash Onion Seasoning to taste, Mrs. Dash Garlic Season to taste, 1Tsp Oregano, 1 packet of Sazon, 1 TBS Butter, 1 TBS on Olive Oil (Or a bit more depending on how much you make), Minced Garlic, Pinch of Adobo, One Cup of water, Olives (Optional), 4 ounces of tomato sauce2 cups of Minute Rice, One 15 ounce can of Goya Gandules, 3 TBS of Goya Sofrito, Mrs. Dash Onion Seasoning to taste, Mrs. Dash Garlic Season to taste, 1 packet of Sazon, 1 TBS Butter, 1 Tsp Oregano, 1 TBS on Olive Oil (Or a bit more depending on how much you make), One Cup of water, Olives (Optional), 4 ounces of tomato sauce
- Add 3 tablespoons of sofrito, 1 packet of Sazon, 4 oz. of tomato sauce, Mrs Dash onion and garlic season in a pan. Heat to medium to high heat and let cook.
- Once it’s cooked, add the 15 ounce can of gandules with the water and let boil.
- Once it’s boiled add 2 cups of rice and 1 cup of water
- Add a table spoon of butter (Optional)
- Add olives (Optional)
- Let Minute Rice Cook on medium to high heat for 5 minutes and turn rice as necessary
- Take off of flame and let settle for 10 minutes