Tacos de Pescado Con Mango ~ Fish and Mango Tacos
Baked in parchment paper to tender perfection, this flakey fish is placed on a tortilla and topped with cabbage, cheese, and mango salsa.
- 2 large ripe mangos peeled, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions sliced (green tops only)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper stem, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 lb cod fillets rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp Mexican oregano
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 8 corn tortillas warmed
- 2 cups shredded green or red cabbage
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese may substitute shredded Monterey Jack
Prepare the Mango Salsa
Stir together mango, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, onions and jalapeno in a medium bowl; set aside.
Prepare the Fish
Place cod on 2 large sheets of parchment paper.
Stir together dry seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over cod.
Bring edges of parchment paper together and fold twice. Fold ends under to enclose fish. Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
Open packets carefully to let steam escape.