This Chorizo Potato and Egg Breakfast Skillet is another breakfast of champions. It’s made in a cast-iron skillet with crispy potatoes, chorizo sausage, and eggs smothered in melted cheese. This Mexican recipe is the ultimate cast iron breakfast skillet.
Chorizo is a Mexican-style sausage that comes uncooked so you’ll have to fully cook it. Start by removing the casing and breaking it apart with your spatula when cooking it. Add the potatoes and eggs then cover with the cheese for a delicious breakfast meal.
Use the Chorizo Potato and Eggs to fill flour tortillas for a breakfast burrito or put in a corn tortilla for breakfast tacos and garnish with salsa and cilantro.
Chorizo Potato and Egg Skillet
- 2 medium russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 9 oz pork chorizo remove casing
- 5 eggs
- corn or flour tortillas
- Place a small pot filled halfway with water over a medium flame bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in diced potatoes and let boil for 10 minutes. Remove from flame and drain. Set to the side.2 medium russet potatoes
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame add vegetable oil and allow to heat.1 ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- Add in boiled potatoes and salt. Fry on each side for 5 minutes or until crisp.1 tsp salt
- Add in chopped onion, and mix well. Continue frying for an additional 5 minutes.½ cup onion
- Remove the chorizo from its casing and add to the potato-onion mixture.9 oz pork chorizo
- With your spatula stab the chorizo to break it up. As it continues to cook it will become easier to break up. Then mix it into the potato-onion mixture.
- Cook for an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp.
- Next crack your eggs in a bowl and scramble with a fork, then pour over chorizo potato mixture.5 eggs
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, mixing and combining all ingredients the entire time.
- You want to make sure the eggs are well done.
- Remove from flame, and either wrap in a flour tortilla for a burrito or enjoy in a corn tortilla for a lovely breakfast taco.corn or flour tortillas
- Garnish and serve with Salsa and Cilantrosalsa, cilantro
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and leave a comment about this recipe if you can. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and coman bien mis amigos (eat well my friends).
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.