The Cubano is a traditional Cuban recipe that will have your taste buds doing the happy dance. The ultimate sandwich made with marinated roast pork, sliced ham, Swiss cheese, yellow mustard, and pickles.
Please Support the Hispanic Food Network
- 1 loaf Cuban bread
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard or to taste
- 1 lbs roast pork Use my Pernil Recipe for this or use Pulled Pork or pork tenderloin
- 1 lbs sliced ham glazed ham is great or your favorite deli ham
- 4 oz Swiss cheese or more to your preference
- 4 oz sliced dill pickles or to taste
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Butter the bottom half with 2 tablespoon softened butter. Spread the mustard on the top half.
- Layer the sandwich with roast pork, sliced ham, Swiss cheese and dill pickles. Top the Cubano with the top bread slice.
- Slather the remaining butter over both sides of the sandwich.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the Cuban sandwich for 5-6 minutes per side, pressing it down very firmly with another pan or spatula to “press” it tightly, until warmed through and bread is nice and crispy.
- Remove, slice and serve.
Grilling Note: You can also use a panini press to make this sandwich.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.