This easy to make Tex-Mex recipe is a cheesy delight that will tickle the taste buds of everyone. With a creamy base, this Jalapeñon Cheese Ball is loaded with crisp smokey bacon, spicy jalapenos, delicious olives & sharp cheddar cheese. Spread it on a cracker or chip for the perfect finger food.
Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball
- ½ lb. mild cheddar cheese grated
- 8 oz cream cheese soft
- ½ cup black olives chopped
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 large jalapenos chopped
- 2 tbsp jalapeno pepper juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine cheeses, olives, bacon, jalapenos, onion, garlic and pepper juice. Mix into a ball.
- Roll ball mixture in chopped pecans.
- Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
The Story Behind the General’s Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball
In 1913 Mexican generals Álvaro Obregón and Pancho Villa traveled to Fort Bliss to meet with U.S. Army General John J. Pershing. They discussed US – Mexican relations over a few beers and the General’s Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball.
Stories of the General’s Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball spread far and wide but the recipe has been lost until now. In a recent discovery in a dusty old barn in Texas the recipe was found.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.