#CincoDeMayo is almost here. Mexican food is the best way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo at this time of the pandemic. Share this tostada recipe with your family and friends for this year’s Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
Cinco de Mayo Tostadas
- 1 ½ pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 limes juiced, divided
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 3 tbsp adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tomatoes halved
- 2 ears corn
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro coarsely chopped, divided
- 4 8 inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Combine chicken, the juice of 3 limes, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Marinate for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Coat tomato halves and corn with remaining olive oil and grill until blackened in spots, about 8 minutes. Cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Dice tomatoes and cut kernels off the corn cobs. Transfer to a bowl; mix in avocado and 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Grill chicken until no longer pink in the center, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place brown rice in a bowl. Mix in remaining lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the grill pan. Grill tortillas until crispy on the edges, about 2 minutes per side. Place each tortilla on a serving plate. Layer brown rice, chicken, lettuce, tomato salad, and tomatillo salsa evenly over each tortilla.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.