The secret behind crowd-pleasing Beef Tacos, Tacos de Carne Asada in Spanish, is the marinated flank steak. You’re gonna love this Beef Tacos (Tacos de Carne Asada) recipe! It’s the perfect Mexican recipe for summertime as you heat up those grills and savor the great flavor.
Beef Tacos: Tacos de Carne Asada
Please Rate this Recipe
- 1 flank steak trimmed of excess fat
- 1 cup pickled jalapenos including the carrots and onions that come in the jar
- Salt and pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup white onion coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp salsa de arbol
- 1 tbsp canola oil plus more, as needed
- Cover flank steak on one side with the pickled jalapenos, then turn over let sit at room temperature, covered for 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper and place on a hot grill or under the broiler. Cook the steak for 5 to 6 minutes on each side (for medium rare), and then chop into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Heat a small saute pan and add 1 tablespoon canola oil. Warm corn tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, adding more oil as necessary. Stack 2 tortillas together, place the meat in the center of the tortillas and top with the onion and cilantro. Drizzle a teaspoon of the salsa de arbol on top of each taco.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.