Fire up the grill for this Grilled Shrimp Tostadas recipe with homemade guacamole, refried beans and lettuce on top of a crispy tostada. Perfect for any meal, parties and family gatherings.
Grilled Shrimp Tostadas
For the guacamole:
- 1 medium hass avocados halved
- 1/2 plum tomato seeded and diced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp red onion minced
- 1 small clove garlic mashed
- 1/2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
For the tostada:
- 16 jumbo shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp salsa verde
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 1 cup refried beans
- extra salsa verde for topping
- 2 tbsp crumbled queso blacno optional
- If cooking outside on the grill, soak skewers at least 30 minutes.
- Place the pulp from the avocados in a medium bowl and slightly mash with a fork or a potato masher leaving some large chunks. Add tomato, lime juice, salt, pepper, cilantro, red onion, garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Season shrimp with salt, then mix in crushed garlic and 2 tbsp salsa verde. Thread the shrimp onto 4 skewers.
- Light the grill or indoor grill pan on medium flame, when hot spray the grates with oil and grill the shrimp about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Place a tostada on each plate, top each with 1/4 cup refried beans spread evenly, 1/4 cup lettuce and guacamole.
- Top each with a shrimp skewer on top and serve with extra salsa verde and cheese if using.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.