These Amazing Mexican Ice Cream Balls are easy to make and fun to eat. Made with vanilla ice cream, crushed frosted cornflakes, sugar, ground cinnamon, and honey, these ice cream balls can be kind of messy to make.
This Mexican recipe is like the classic Mexican Fried Ice Cream without the actual frying. You can prepare them ahead of time and keep them in the freezer until it is time to serve them. Just wait to add any topping you like and serve.
You do not have to use vanilla ice cream, just choose any flavor you prefer that will complement the cinnamon coating.
Tips to Make Ice Cream Balls
- Shape the ice cream into the ball form and re-freeze for at least 1 hour.
- When handling the ice cream to put the coating on, wear plastic gloves.
- Instead of rolling the ice cream in the crumb coating, put the ball in your hand and press the coating on with your other hand.
Amazing Mexican Ice Cream Balls
Please Rate this Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup frosted cornflakes crushed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- caramel sauce
- fudge sauce
- whipped cream
- Place four 1/2-cup scoops of ice cream on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Roll ice cream in crumb mixture to coat. Freeze until serving. Drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon honey.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and leave a comment about this recipe if you can. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and coman bien mis amigos (eat well my friends).
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.