Let’s not forget our kids, these Virgin Piña Colada are the ideal summertime drink recipe and your kids will enjoy them. If you can’t have alcohol this drink tastes just as good as the real thing.
How to Make a Pineapple Cup
You will need a fresh pineapple for this project but it makes for a cool presentation. Your friends and kids will love it.
Time needed: 10 minutes
How to make a Pineapple Cup
- Cut the top of the pineapple off
Cut an additional slice about 1/2 inch thick for garnish.
- Core the pineapple – Part 1
Using an $8 pineapple coring tool remove the pineapple meat from the pineapple.
- Core the pineapple – Part 2
Use a knife to remove the core from the pineapple. Using an ice cream scoop, scrape the remainder of the core from the pineapple. You are now ready to use your pineapple as a drinking cup.
- Make the Virgin Piña Colada
Follow the recipe below and fill your new pineapple cup with your Virgin Piña Colada drink.
- Garnish with a Pineapple Wedge and a Cherry
Cut the extra slice of pineapple into 4 pieces. Using a toothpick put the pineapple wedge on the rim of the cup. Using a toothpick put the cherry on the pineapple wedge.
Let’s Make This Virgin Piña Colada
This Puerto Rican drink is so refreshing and rich tasting, you won’t notice the alcohol is missing. The piña colada is a blended cocktail that is usually made with white rum, cream of coconut, and pineapple juice. This recipe is the same but without the rum and a touch of brown sugar to replace the rum flavor.
Virgin Piña Colada
Please Rate this Recipe
For the Drink
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup ice
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 2 tbsp brown sugar optional
For the Garnish
- Fresh pineapple wedges garnish
- Maraschino cherries garnish
- Place frozen pineapple chunks and ice in a blender.
- Pour pineapple juice and cream of coconut over top and add brown sugar. Puree until smooth. Taste to test the sweetness and add more sugar if needed.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with fresh pineapple wedges or a maraschino cherry.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and leave a comment about this recipe if you can. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and coman bien mis amigos (eat well my friends).
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.