Summer has its own symphony of tastes and aromas, and when it comes to refreshing drinks, nothing captures the essence of this season quite like a mojito. While the traditional Cuban mojito with its blend of mint, lime, sugar, and rum is already a crowd-pleaser, have you ever tried adding a tropical twist to it? Enter the Mojito de Mango.
There’s something absolutely magical about the blend of sweet, ripe mangoes with the tartness of fresh lime juice. The burst of tropical flavors combined with the zesty mint creates a dance on the palate, a dance that screams of lazy beach days, sunsets, and soft melodies playing in the backdrop.
Mango isn’t just another fruit; it’s often referred to as the “king of fruits.” In many cultures around the world, it’s celebrated not just for its delightful sweetness but also for its versatility. Whether in desserts, savory dishes, or drinks, mangoes have a way of elevating the dish to a whole new level.
In the Mojito de Mango, this tropical delight takes center stage. The creamy texture of mango purée contrasts beautifully with the bubbling fizz of club soda. And when combined with the distinct taste of white rum, it’s a match made in beverage heaven.
Crafting the Perfect Mango Mojito
Crafting the perfect Mojito de Mango starts with the mint simple syrup. It’s a beautiful infusion of fresh mint leaves, boiled with sugar and water to create a sweet base for our drink. This syrup not only adds sweetness but also an aromatic minty essence, which pairs wonderfully with the mango purée.
Once the syrup is ready and chilled, the assembling of the drink is a breeze. Just a matter of pouring and stirring! And there you have it, a drink that’s not just pleasing to the eyes but also a treat for the taste buds.
A Tip for Mango Lovers
Always aim to use fresh mango purée whenever you can. Freshness adds an unbeatable depth of flavor. However, if you’re short on time or fresh mangoes, canned purée or mango juice can be a suitable substitute.
So the next time the summer heat gets too much to bear, or you’re just in the mood for something deliciously refreshing, give this Mojito de Mango a try. Cheers to summer and all its wonderful flavors!
Mojito de Mango ~ Mango Mojito
Please Rate this Recipe
MINT SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup mango purée
- 2 cup white rum 16 ounces
- 1 cup fresh lime juice 6-8 limes
- 2 cup club soda
- Fresh lime wedges
- Mint sprigs
MINT SIMPLE SYRUP:
- In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring sugar and water to a low boil/simmer.1 cup white sugar, 1 cup water
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and then add in the mint leaves. Simmer 3-4 more minutes, without stirring.⅔ cup fresh mint leaves
- Pour the simple syrup over a mesh strainer set over a glass jar.
- Allow the simple syrup to cool in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, pour it into a large pitcher followed by the mango puree, rum and lime juice.1 cup mango purée, 2 cup white rum, 1 cup fresh lime juice
- Stir. When ready to serve, add the club soda and gently stir. Pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with lime wedges and fresh mint leaves.2 cup club soda, Fresh lime wedges, Mint sprigs
Mango Mojito Mixers: Culinary Companions for Your Tropical Tipple
Elevate your Mojito de Mango moment with these delightful dishes! Dive into flavors that complement, contrast, and dance seamlessly with your tropical drink, creating a culinary fiesta that’s truly unforgettable.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and leave a comment about this recipe if you can. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and coman bien mis amigos (eat well my friends).
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.