Do you like shrimp? Then this Mexican recipe for Camarones Al Ajillo, or Shrimp in Garlic Sauce is for you. This simple seafood dish is easy and fast to make and yields a flavorful shrimp meal you will never forget.
Made with just 6 ingredients it’s so simple! First, you will need to peeled and deveined the shrimp and then season with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the garlic for one minute. Then add the dry white wine and cook for an additional minute. Reduce to low heat. Add shrimp and cook for about 1 minute on each side.
Add parsley and remaining olive oil and toss over the heat for an additional minute. Serve the garlic shrimp over a bed of Mexican yellow rice for a rich and flavorful dish of Shrimp in Garlic Sauce.
Shrimp in Garlic Sauce ~ Camarones Al Ajillo
Please Rate this Recipe
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves raw garlic mashed into a paste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (vino seco)
- 2 tbsp parsley plus finely chopped plus more for garnish
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a deep skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add garlic paste and cook 1 minute. Add dry white wine and cook for another minute.
- Reduce to low heat. Add shrimp and cook about 1 minute on each side. Add parsley and remaining olive oil. Toss everything together and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and leave a comment about this recipe if you can. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and coman bien mis amigos (eat well my friends).
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.