A Winter Margarita from Guadalajara, Mexico
Please Rate this Recipe
*Spiced Cranberry Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whole cranberries
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 5 star anise
- ½ tablespoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon allspice crushed
- Rim a rocks glass with lime and pink sea salt then set aside.
- Add ice and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Fine-strain into your prepared glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with skewered cranberries.
*Spiced Cranberry Syrup Directions
- Combine sugar, water, and cranberries in a saucepan and heat on medium.
- Gently stir as the mixture heats. You’ll notice the cranberries will start to “pop.”
- Add all the spices and lightly simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool before straining out the solids.
- Pour into a resealable container and store in the refrigerator for up to 14 days.
Shop Online at Amazon-Fresh
Casamigos Reposado Tequila, 750 mL, 80 Proof
- Aged 7 months in American white-oak barrels
- Complex tequila with agave, oaky with hints of caramel and cocoa
- Made with 100% Blue Weber Agave
Price: $54.99 per bottle
Bittercube Bolivar Bitters, 2.47 Ounce
- Versatile and aromatic, with floral notes of chamomile and jasmine
- Cinnamon, gentian root and dried fruits on the finish
- These bitters add complexity and depth to any cocktail
Price: $16.50 per bottle
Mixology Bartender Kit: 10-Piece Bar Tool Set with Stylish Bamboo Stand | Perfect Home Bartending Kit and Martini Cocktail Shaker Set For an Awesome Drink Mixing Experience (Gun-Metal Black)
- Everything You Need (Except for the Booze)
- Coolest Way to Store and Display Your Bar Tools
- First-class cocktail mixing set plus a sleek bamboo tool holder
Price: $79.99 plus free shipping for prime members
Did You Know?
Guadalajara is a metropolis in western Mexico and the capital of the state of Jalisco. The city is considered to be the birthplace of Tequila. The name ‘Tequila’ comes from the Tequili Indians and the Tequila volcano that towers over the vast acres of Agave Azul fields in this area.
By Mexican law, only mezcals made in the officially sanctioned region around Guadalajara can be called tequila, just as the name cognac guarantees that that liquor comes only from a specific area of France.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.