This hearty Mexican soup boasts big tender meatballs each with a little surprise inside, and a spicy chipotle tomato broth. Garnish this Albondigas con Chipotle recipe with chopped cilantro and shredded Mexican cheese and you have a soul-warming meal in a bowl.
Albóndigas con Chipotle (Chipotle Sauce Meatballs)
- Terra Cotta Cazuela – 15 Inches
- 1 lb groundbeaf
- 1 lb pork
- 1 large egg raw
- ½ cup bread chopped
- 2 tsp mint
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 2 large hard boiled egg cubed
- 4 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- Toss one pound of fresh pork and one pound of ground beef into a bowl
- Mix raw egg, bread, chiles, mint and salt
- Roll you Meatballs into balls and make an indentation
- Next, put a hard-boiled egg into the meatball.
- In a blender add tomatoes, garlic, chillies, cilantro and broth and purey untill smooth.
- Strain the mix into the cazula (A cazula is a Mexican bowl you can cook in)
- Put your meatballs in the cazula.
- (See Video at 7:15) Cook the meatballs for 20 minutes or so.
- Put on your garnishes including cheese of choice and cilantro!
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.