A delicious salmon recipe marinated and grilled to perfection, Cuban-style. Give your next salmon a Cuban-style treatment. Cover it briefly in a citrusy, spiced up marinade, then grill it and serve it with mixed greens studded with hearts of palm and tomato. It is also good with a side of black beans and rice. It’s fast and easy and a great 30 minute meal for any weeknight.
Cuban Style Salmon Recipe
- ¼ cup olive oil extra-virgin
- 2 tsp lemon juces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large shallots
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 4 fillets salmon swordfish, or tuna
- 14 ounce 1 can hearts of palm cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- olive oil for brushing
- 2 cups salad greens
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, the garlic, shallots, cumin, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt, and half of the cilantro. Add the salmon and turn to coat. Let marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, toss the hearts of palm and tomatoes in a bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the juice of the remaining lemon, and the rest of the cilantro. Season with salt.
- Brush the grill with vegetable oil. Grill the salmon, round side down, until marked on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn and continue grilling until marked on the other side and cooked through 2 to 3 more minutes. Divide the salmon among plates. Serve with the greens and hearts of palm salad; drizzle the juices from the salad over the greens.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.