I’m your host Mike Gonzalez, thanks for logging onto the Hispanic Food Network! I’m back in the cookwithus.com kitchen, we’ve got an awesome recipe for you called albondigas con chipotle. An albondiga in English means meatball. So we’re going to teach you how to make that. My Mexican homies, man, they love meatballs and in Mexico, it’s something that’s close to the heart. So this particular recipe is perfect for winter, it’s going to warm up your soul. It’s a broth-based soup with meatballs inside. So you’re going to get that protein, you’re going to get that warmth. So you know, when you’re sitting around, and that snow hits you. You’re just gonna go Ah, thank you, Mike, for making this recipe. Thank you Cook With US. So it’s gonna be a lot of fun. Let’s make this dish!
Now it’s time to eat!!!! Enjoy!
Albóndigas con Chipotle (Chipotle Sauce Meatballs)
Please Rate this Recipe
- Terra Cotta Cazuela – 15 Inches
- 1 lb groundbeaf
- 1 lb pork
- 1 large egg raw
- ½ cup bread chopped
- 2 tsp mint
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 2 large hard boiled egg cubed
- 4 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- Toss one pound of fresh pork and one pound of ground beef into a bowl
- Mix raw egg, bread, chiles, mint and salt
- Roll you Meatballs into balls and make an indentation
- Next, put a hard-boiled egg into the meatball.
- In a blender add tomatoes, garlic, chillies, cilantro and broth and purey untill smooth.
- Strain the mix into the cazula (A cazula is a Mexican bowl you can cook in)
- Put your meatballs in the cazula.
- (See Video at 7:15) Cook the meatballs for 20 minutes or so.
- Put on your garnishes including cheese of choice and cilantro!
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.