This Delicia Dominicana (Dominican Delight) cocktail recipe is made with Passion Fruit and Dominican Rum. My favorite rum in the world is Columbus Rum, made in the Dominican Republic. It’s hard to find in the States and the only place could find it is at the New York Wine Exchange on 9 Broadway, New York, NY 10004. Any rum can be used to make Delicia Dominicana Cocktail.
Delicia Dominicana Cocktail
Please Rate this Recipe
- 2 qt fresh passionfruit juice
- 1 lime squeezed for the juice
- 1 cup Columbus Rum or another Dominican rum of your choice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Pick four (or more) of these fruits:
- 4 bananas sliced
- 1 apple cubed
- 1 cup cherries pitted and halved
- 1 cup pineapple cubed
- 1 cup mango cubed
- 1 cup pear cubed
- Mix the rum, lime juice and fruits (not the bananas, as they will blacken).
- Let it rest for two hours in the fridge.
- Remove the fruit from the rum mix. Spread on a baking tray and freeze.
- Mix the rum and lime mix with the passion fruit juice and chill.
- Add the frozen fruits right before serving.
Passion fruit is the fruit of the Passiflora vine, a type of passion flower. It has a tough outer rind and juicy, seed-filled center.
There are several types that vary in size and color. Purple and yellow varieties are the most commonly available ones, including:
- Passiflora edulis. These are small round or oval-shaped fruits with purple skin.
- Passiflora flavicarpa. This kind is round or oval with yellow skin and usually slightly larger than the purple variety.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.