Los tres golpes Dominicanos translated as the three Dominican hits. This breakfast dish is the traditional breakfast of the Dominican Republic. When you buy the ingredients for this breakfast recipe, you will need a cheese with a high melting point.
Los Tres Golpes
- 16 oz frying cheese a cheese with a high melting point
- 16 oz salami sliced
- 4 eggs 2 per serving
- 2 green plantains peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion sliced
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- butter to taste
- water for boiling and Mangú
- salt to taste
- Peel and cut plantains and boil them in water with a teaspoon of salt. When soft, drain the plantains (save a cup of water). Smash the plantains add water and butter to taste.
- While the plantains are boiling, cut the onions into slices and place them in a bowl with the vinegar to marinate. When the plantains are finished boiling sauté the onions and vinegar mix in olive oil. Place the onions and vinegar into the oil before the oil gets hot to avoid splashing the hot oil.
- Cut the cheese in a rectangular shape and fry both sides until golden brown.
- Cut the salami into slices and fry both sides.
- Fry the eggs sunny side up.
- Place the onions on top of the Mangú.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.