Camarones Guisados translates to Stewed Shrimp in Spanish. It’s a rich, delicious and healthy meal that is different from red meat, fish or chicken. This dish is not just Dominican food, it’s common throughout Latin America with slight variations from region to region.
Camarones Guisados (Stewed Shrimp)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan heat the oil over low heat. Cook and stir the tomatoes, bell pepper, and garlic for a minute.
- Add tomato sauce and water. Simmer over low heat until all the vegetables are cooked through.
- Stir in the shrimp and simmer until the shrimp turn bright pink.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.