Ensalada de Coditos (Puerto Rican Macaroni Salad) is easy to make and incredibly delicious. This refreshing Macaroni Pasta Salad is a latin dish favorite that’s a must-have for the Holidays and Family gathering. This quick side dish is one that you can make ahead. In fact, the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better it tastes!
Ensalada de Coditos
- 1 lb cooked macaroni pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked ham
- 1 cup cheddar cheese diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup olives
- 5 hardboiled eggs chopped
- Mayonnaise as desired
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, adding a little salt. When ready, drain well and set aside.
- Combine the pasta with the rest of the ingredients, diluting the mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons of cream before adding.
- Stir once more and garnish with a few pieces of red bell pepper and hardboiled egg.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.