This Mexican recipe for Salsa Verde is a tasty condiment for chips or tamales or just about everything. However, what you like is the right way to use it. Enjoy this awesome condiment.
Easy Salsa Verde Recipe
Please Rate this Recipe
- Heat broiler: Move oven rack about 4-inch below broiler element. Preheat broiler to high heat.
- Roast tomatillos and jalapeño: Place tomatillos and jalapeño on a baking sheet then place in oven and roast about 4 – 5 minutes until charred on top (keep a close on on things as they can char pretty quickly – especially the pepper)
- Turn and continue to roast: Rotate veggies to opposite side and roast until charred on opposite side, about 3 – 5 minutes longer.s a chip dip.
- Add ingredients to food processor: Slice pepper (or halve then remove seeds) then add to a food processor along with onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, sugar, lime juice, water and tomatillos (and any juices on pan).
- Blitz to a coarse texture: Pulse several times to a coarse puree. Stir in more water to thin if desired. Serve warm as a topping or chill through in refrigerator to use a chip dip.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.