Bring the taste of Havana to your kitchen with this flavor-packed Cuban Garlic Chicken. Loaded with flavor, this Cuban recipe is always a favorite!!
Cuban Garlic Chicken
- 6 -8 lbs whole chickens chicken, cut into pieces
- 12 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sour orange juice or 1/2 cup orange juice mixed with 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Place the chicken in a container large enough to hold all the pieces (I used an extra-large zip-loc bag).
- Combine the garlic, sour orange juice, salt, vinegar, pepper, oregano and cumin in a small bowl. pour the marinade evenly over the chicken; cover the chicken (or close bag and smush it around); refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oven to 450°. Arrange chicken in one layer in a roasting pan; pour the marinade evenly over the top of the chicken.
- Roast the chicken in the lower third of the oven, stirring during the last 10 minutes to coat with the sauce, until it is cooked through and the sauce begins to caramelize, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken to a platter, spoon garlic sauce over the pieces.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.