This Mexican-inspired Pasta With Chicken And Peppers (Pasta con Pollo y Pimiento) dish can be made in one pot and in just 1 hour. In this Tex-Mex recipe, pasta is mixed with sliced chicken breast, Mexican spices, bell peppers, green chiles, and cheese to make a creamy spicy delight.
If you want you can make this Pasta With Chicken And Peppers gluten-free, just use gluten-free pasta. If you want to make it a vegetarian meal leave out the chicken.
This is a meal all on its own with plenty of veggies and protein. Serve this Pasta With Chicken And Peppers with garlic bread.
If you liked this recipe please Rate This Recipe and leave a comment about it. As always you can follow on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
Pasta With Chicken and Peppers
Please Rate this Recipe
- Slice chicken into small bites. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken slices and immediately add cumin, chili powder, and salt. Cook for several minutes on high heat, constantly turning, until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet.2 tbsp olive oil, 1 lb chicken breast, ½ tbsp cumin, ½ tbsp chili powder, ¼ tsp salt
- In the same skillet, add sliced bell peppers. Cook for a couple of minutes until they soften. Add diced green chiles. Add back cooked chicken to the skillet.2 red bell peppers, 4 oz green chiles
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to package instructions, drain.8 oz pasta fettuccine
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the chicken and vegetables.
- Add heavy cream and milk, bring to boil. Immediately add cheese (cheddar and mozzarella) and mix until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Reduce heat to simmer.⅔ cup heavy cream, ⅔ cup milk, 1 cup cheddar cheese, ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Add the remaining half of the spices, and mix to combine. Adjust seasonings, and add more salt, cumin, and chili powder, if needed½ tbsp cumin
Recipes That Go Well With Pasta With Chicken and Peppers
What is Tex-Mex Cuisine?
Tex-Mex cuisine (from the words Texan and Mexican) is an American cuisine that derives from the culinary creations of the Tejano people of Texas. It has spread to the border states of New Mexico, Arizona, and California and then to the rest of the country.
Some ingredients in Tex-Mex cuisine are also common in Mexican cuisine, but others not often used in Mexico are often added.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and leave a comment about this recipe if you can. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and coman bien mis amigos (eat well my friends).
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.