In the port city of Ensenada, Tacos de Camarones a la Parrilla, Grilled Shrimp Tacos, are being served in homes and restaurants across the city. This Mexican recipe is made with guacamole topping consisting of avocado, lime juice, garlic, and salt. The shrimp is coated in an adobo and chili power mix and grilled to perfection. Tacos de Camarones are served on a warm tortilla topped with the home made guacamole topping, lettuce, cilantro, and pico de gallo.
Bring the taste of Baja California home with these wonderful Grilled Shrimp Tacos. Great for an afternoon meal or at the next Family BBQ. It is sure to be a huge hit with everyone and make you a legend in your own neighborhood.
5 Tasty Sides for Taco Tuesday
#5 Mango Salad with Black Beans
#3 Mexican Yellow Rice
#2 The Mangonada
#1 An Authentic Mexican Margarita.
Tacos de Camarones a la Parrilla ~ Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Please Rate this Recipe
To Grill Shrimp
- 1 lb large raw shrimp 16-20 count peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp adobo
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
Make the Guacamole
- Mash the avocado with a fork in a small bowl. Add lime juice, garlic and salt and stir to combine. Cover and set aside for later.
Cook the Shrimp
- Rinse and pat the shrimp dry.
- Mix the adobo and chili powder in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and toss until all shrimps are evenly coated.
- Thread the shrimp onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
- Grill the shrimp, turning once, until the shrimp are cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side for a total of 4 minutes.
Build the Taco
- Serve the shrimp in tortillas, topped with the guacamole, lettuce, cilantro and pico de gallo.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and leave a comment about this recipe if you can. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and coman bien mis amigos (eat well my friends).
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.