Down in the port city of Cancún, the Fish and Mango Tacos came to perfection. This Mexican recipe is accompanied by a Mango Salsa recipe for your seasoned Fish Tacos. Baked in parchment paper to tender perfection, this flakey fish is placed on a tortilla and topped with cabbage, cheese, and mango salsa.
Bring the warm summer breeze of Cancún, Mexico to your home with this delicious Fish and Mango Taco recipe. Family and friends will love this dish and have them asking for more.
Tacos de Pescado Con Mango ~ Fish and Mango Tacos
- 2 large ripe mangos peeled, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions sliced (green tops only)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper stem, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 lb cod fillets rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp Mexican oregano
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 8 corn tortillas warmed
- 2 cups shredded green or red cabbage
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese may substitute shredded Monterey Jack
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
Prepare the Mango Salsa
- Stir together mango, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, onions and jalapeno in a medium bowl; set aside.
Prepare the Fish
- Place cod on 2 large sheets of parchment paper.
- Stir together dry seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over cod.
- Bring edges of parchment paper together and fold twice. Fold ends under to enclose fish. Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Open packets carefully to let steam escape.
Assemble the Taco
- Place equal amounts of cod in each tortilla and top with cabbage, cheese and mango salsa.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and leave a comment about this recipe if you can. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and coman bien mis amigos (eat well my friends).
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.