This Cuban recipe is ideal for family dinners or for an important event, however it must be taken into account that its preparation requires some time and care. In Cuba, stuffed chickens are very popular.
Pollos Rellenos Cubanos ~ Cuban Stuffed Chickens
- 2 Poussins or baby chickens
- 5 tbsp garlic chopped
- 4 links hard dried Spanish chorizo
- 2 tbsp green olives sliced
- 1 package achiote paste
- 1 Spanish onion diced
- 1 tsp toasted cumin ground coriander and Mexican oregano
- 1 bunch mustard greens trimmed, and roughly chopped
- 1 Idaho potato diced and balanced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the achiote paste, cumin, olive oil, oregano, 1 tablespoon of garlic and coriander in the food processor and let it spin. Let the food processor turn them all into a paste-like substance.
- Marinate the chicken all over – both inside and outside. Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Heat a large sauté pan and add some chorizos, before cooking for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add onion and 4 tablespoons of garlic to the crispy chorizo and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add you mustard green and deglaze with chicken stock. Cook for a further 2 minutes. Once the greens have wilted, add you potatoes, green olives. Add salt and pepper for flavor.
- Remove from stove and allow stuffing has cooled down
- Add stuffing mix in the chicken in equal measures.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for an hour.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.