This Rice With Seafood recipe, also known as Arroz Con Mariscos, is an exquisite Ecuadorian recipe that is enjoyed throughout the country. This authentic Ecuadorian cuisine, which is also known throughout South America, has a certain similarity to Spanish Paella.
To make this Rice With Seafood dish you will need octopus, snails, prawns, squid, fish broth, rice, vegetable oil, red onions, Ajo Siba, tomatoes, Panquita, Amarillin, Bay Leaves, white wine, peas, bell peppers, and cilantro.
Arroz Con Mariscos is a full meal with vegetables and protein. You can add any kind of seafood available: mussels, clams, scallops, crab or fish. It is not advisable to buy or consume these foods just anywhere. Seafood is very delicate and must be kept in optimal conditions for consumption.
Serve Rice and Seafood with a fresh salad, fried plantains (fried plantains) or cassava sticks, lemon slices and if you want to give it a special touch, a crab or lobster grindstone on each plate to give it a really sophisticated appearance!
Rice With Seafood ~ Arroz Con Mariscos
Please Rate this Recipe
- 5 oz cooked octopus cut into pieces
- 5 oz cooked snail
- 5 oz prawns
- 5 oz squid
- 1 cup fish broth
- 2 cups rice
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Ajo Siba
- 1 peeled tomato cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp Panquita
- 8 tbsp Amarillin
- ½ cup cooked peas
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 roasted pepper cut into strips
- 1 cilantro chopped
- Cook the seafood and snails in the broth for approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve the seafood and broth.5 oz cooked octopus, 5 oz cooked snail, 5 oz prawns, 5 oz squid, 1 cup fish broth
- Cook the rice and reserve.2 cups rice
- In a pot, prepare a dressing with the oil, onions, Ajo Siba, Panquita Sibarita, Amarillin Sibarita and tomato. Add the wine, the broth, Sibarita bay leaves , salt and Sibarita Pepper to taste. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.3 tbsp vegetable oil, 2 medium red onion, 1 tbsp Ajo Siba, 1 peeled tomato, 2 tbsp Panquita, 8 tbsp Amarillin, 2 Bay Leaves, ½ cup white wine
- Add the peas, bell pepper, seafood, snails, and cilantro. Let cook for approximately 1 minute over low heat. Mix everything with the rice.½ cup cooked peas, 1 roasted pepper, 1 cilantro
- Serve with lemon slices and if you wish with a fan shell.
Recipes That Go Well With Rice With Seafood
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and leave a comment about this recipe if you can. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and coman bien mis amigos (eat well my friends).
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.