This Rice With Seafood recipe, also known as Arroz Con Mariscos, is an exquisite Ecuadorian recipe that is enjoyed throughout the country. This authentic Ecuadorian cuisine, which is also known throughout South America, has a certain similarity to Spanish paella.
Rice With Seafood ~ Arroz Con Mariscos
- 5 oz cooked octopus cut into pieces
- 5 oz cooked snail
- 5 oz prawns
- 5 oz squid
- 2 cups rice
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium red onions chopped
- 1 tbsp Ajo Siba
- 1 peeled tomato cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp Panquita
- 8 tbsp Amarillin
- ½ cup cooked peas
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup fish broth
- 1 roasted pepper cut into strips
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- Cook the shellfish in the broth for approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve the seafood and broth.
- Besides, cook the rice and reserve.
- In a pot, prepare a dressing with the onions, Ajo Siba, Panquita Sibarita, Amarillin Sibarita and tomato. Add the wine, the broth, Sibarita bay leaves , salt and Sibarita Pepper to taste. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, bell pepper, shellfish, and cilantro. Let cook for approximately 1 minute over low heat. Mix everything with the rice.
- Serve with lemon slices and if you wish with a fan shell.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.