Bistec Encebollado is simply steak and onions. This Puerto Rican recipe is outstanding in flavor but also incredibly easy to make.
- 2 lbs beef steak thinly sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- dash dried oregano leaves
- 2 large white onions sliced in rings
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- Dump all ingredients in a gallon-size plastic bag and turn so that all the ingredients mix together. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or a couple of days (or freeze for later use).
- Dump contents of bag in a heavy skillet and bring it to a boil. Cook over low heat, covered, for about 40 minutes or so. The meat will be very tender and tasty.
- Serve with white rice and tostones.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.