Chuletas de Cerdo Con Costra de Café Colombiano or Colombian Coffee Crusted Pork Chops are so incredibly juicy and flavorful. Best of all, this recipe is super easy and fast.
Chuletas de Cerdo Con Costra de Café Colombiano
- 4 pork chops thick-cut
- 4 tbsp coffee freshly ground
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chile powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- oil as needed
- In a small bowl mix the coffee, brown sugar, paprika, chile powder, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Season the pork chops with salt & pepper, then cover with ground coffee mixture.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large oven-proof skillet. Cook pork chops until beginning to brown, 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook until second side is beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Keep turning chop every 2 minutes until both sides are deep golden brown, 10-12 minutes total.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast chops, about 15 minutes, turning every 2 minutes to prevent them from browning too quickly, until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center of meat registers 135°. The pork chop will continue to cook when it’s resting.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.