I’ve been chided by the traditionalist on the site for my love of Minute Rice and how I use it to make meals in minutes. I have to admit, I love the taste of this 5-minute white rice and bean recipe.
Minute rice is convenient and quick, I can use it to make my favorite Latin dishes. I recently used Minute rice to make Arroz con Gandules in 15 minutes. It’s a dish that typically takes more than an hour when you factor in the ingredients and cooking the rice.
That brings me to my point, I have another really fast Hispanic recipe using Minute Rice! This is a quick Cuban recipe that will take a max of 5 minutes.
White Rice and Beans
- 1 Can of Goya Seasoned Black Beans
- 1 Cup Minute Rice
- 1 Cup of water
- Tablespoon butter
- Cap full of olive oil
- Tablespoon of Minced Onions
- Sprinkle of Adobo
- Teaspoon Salt
- Teaspoon Pepper
- Teaspoon Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb
- Boil One Cup of Water
- Add one cup of Minute Rice
- When rice is ready add a tablespoon of butter
- Add a cap full of extra Virgin Olive Oil to rice
- Remove water from beans then place in a microwaveable bowl and add minced onions, adobo, salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash.
- Heat in Microwave for 1:55 seconds.
- Place rice on a plate
- Place beans on top of white rice
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.