This Tex-Mex recipe for a Carne Asada Burrito is made with skirt steak, beans, rice, cheese, guacamole, and salsa. Grilled Steak Burritos make a seriously satisfying meal and are a hearty and delicious way to feed a hungry group!
How to Wrap a Burrito
Fill the center of the tortilla with the filling, leaving a generous border on all sides and taking care not to overfill. Fold the edge of the tortilla nearest you over the filling, using your fingers to enclose the filling. Fold tortilla edges toward the center and continue rolling until you have a tightly wrapped cylinder.
How to Store a Burrito
Store the burritos in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days, or wrap each burrito individually in parchment paper or plastic wrap, then place in a freezer bag, and store for up to three months.
The best way to reheat a burrito is in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350° (180°C). Wrap the burrito in foil and place it on a wire rack in the oven. Reheat the burrito for 15-20 minutes or until it’s piping hot throughout.
How to Serve a Carne Asada Burrito
Serve this Carne Asada Burrito with mango salsa with black beans and a cold beer.
Carne Asada Burrito Recipe
Please Rate this Recipe
- ½ cup fresh salsa
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup brown rice
- 15 oz black beans preferably low-sodium, rinsed
- 12 oz strip steak trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 8 inch tortillas preferably whole-wheat
- ½ cup sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup guacamole dip
- 2 tbsp cilantro coarsely chopped
- Combine salsa and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in beans, return to a simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes more.½ cup fresh salsa, ½ cup water, ¼ cup brown rice, 15 oz black beans
- Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.12 oz strip steak, 1 tbsp canola oil, ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- To assemble, divide the steak among the tortillas and top with equal amounts of cheese, guacamole, cilantro and the rice mixture. Roll each tortilla up into a burrito.4 8 inch tortillas, ½ cup sharp Cheddar cheese, ¼ cup guacamole dip, 2 tbsp cilantro
What to Serve With A Carne Asada Burrito
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and leave a comment about this recipe if you can. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and coman bien mis amigos (eat well my friends).
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.