Summer is here! This means the start of our grilling streak. First up: our Green Habanero Grilled Chicken recipe. But this isn’t about the chicken, it’s about the marinade. A good marinade makes all the difference when it comes to grilling any type of protein. The combination of spices, acidity and flavors is the trick to a tender filet that gives it that “melt in your mouth” texture.
Green Habanero Grilled Chicken
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 pounds chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- In a large sealable freezer bag combine chicken broth, El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce, vinegar, olive oil, salt and lime juice. Seal and shake to mix ingredients well.
- Add chicken to the bag. Seal and shake, pressing with fingers to incorporate all flavors. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Place chicken pieces with smoot side on the rack. Cover grill and cook for 12-5 minutes on each side rotating once to make grill marks. Check for doneness by cutting the thicker part of the chicken. If juices run clear then it’s done. Remove from grill and keep warm.
- rotating once to make grill marks. Check for doneness by cutting the thicker part of the chicken. If juices run clear then it’s done.
- Serve with your favorite grilling vegetables and tortillas.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.