These Dobladas are a Guatemalan recipe that makes a nice, light meal. You cut them into wedges and serve as appetizers. I’d even eat it for breakfast! Dobladas means folded and that’s just what you do with the tortillas.
Guatemalan Dobladas Recipe
Please Rate this Recipe
- 1 cup farmer cheese or queso fresco or queso de capas
- 1 small small red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 small small onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder optional
- 10 flour tortillas
- salsa optional
- Mix cheese, pepper, onion, black pepper and salt(and garlic powder if using) together.
- Put 1 heaping tablespoon of the cheese mixture on the lower half of a tortilla and fold over to make a half-moon shape. Press lightly.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium high heat and fry until crisp and golden on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm. Serve with salsa if desired.
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.