This Cholado or Raspao is a Columbian Recipe to make a favorite icy beverage with fresh fruit. The common fruits that are used in the preparation include banana, apple, kiwi, strawberry, papaya, pineapple, mango, sweet condensed milk and fruit syrup.
Cholados Colombianos ~ Colombian Cholados
- 6 cups ice crushed
- 1 cup strawberry sliced
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 cup mango diced
- 1 cup papaya diced
- ½ cup pineapple diced
- condensed milk
- ⅓ cup strawberry chopped
- ⅓ cup passion fruit chopped
- ⅓ cup banana chopped
- ⅓ cup mango chopped
- ⅓ cup papaya chopped
- ⅓ cup pineapple chopped
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- Puree the fruit in the water (if necessary) in a blender.
- Cook over medium heat until the mix thickens up.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to cool down.
- Crush your ice in a food processor until it resembles the ice flakes of a snow cone.
- Layer ice in both your glasses a little past halfway (use a clear glass for the full effect).
- Cover the ice in your fruit syrup.
- Layer your fruit in the glass, use about a quarter of what you have in each glass.
- Cover in condensed milk and add the remaining fruit, splitting evenly between the two glasses.
- Top with more more crushed ice. Drizzle fruit syrup over ice.
- Garnish with more fruit!
Recipe Roundup Weekly Newsletter
Signup to receive our new recipes every week. Every Monday we send out last week’s newly published recipes. Never miss a recipe from Hispanic Food Network.